12.30.2004

the 04'40

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before? a lot. making stuff with metal. using illustrator. paid freelance illustration work. tele-fundraising. ad designing. screenprinting. portland. alaska. making a quasi-decent song. running down the hallway to inflate a trashbag man. living in an apartment. wearing brown.. too many more.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Hmm. I don't think I bought less shit. I did take up yoga and judo, so that counts as exercise right? I think I'm eatting better, and I did some creative stuff. and I made/kept some friends. So overall i'd give me a 3.7 (of 5) on that. and yeah, i always make new years resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? my cousin had a baby, but i dont remember if that was this year or last...

4. Did anyone close to you die? almost, but no.

5. What countries did you visit? Alaska. it should be it's own country, so it counts.

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004? i can't really think of anything...it's been a good year. maybe more friends because those are always good.

7. What date(s) from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? i have specific memories of stuff, but i dont remember the dates for things.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I dunno...maybe the seattle weekly stuff?

9. What was your biggest failure? maybe not keeping in touch with people.. I did a really bad job with that. oh. and the whole nanowrimo thing. i bailed early.

10. Did you suffer any illness or injury? colds, throat problems, causal blood shed. nothing major.

11. What was the best thing you bought? probably my external hard drive, just cause it made my computer functional agian. but the best not-functionally-nessicary, probably the iPod. I love her.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? i dunno.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? dunno.

14. Where did most of your money go? school, tech stuff (see #11), clothes, music.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? getting my new jobs (i know, its weird that work would be so exciting). moving into the apartment. flickr. blogger. registration day. and something little almost every day.

16. What song will always remind you of 2004? My Latte song:"Wrapped around you like cardboard, that keeps my hands from getting burned. i like you a latte..." and Float on by Modest Mouse.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? definately happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter.
iii. richer or poorer? richer.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? art stuff. socializing.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? wasting time online.

20. How will you be spending Christmas? twas with the family. just sitting around the house.

22. Did you fall in love in 2004? no, but ive had many crushes.

23. How many one-night stands? none.

24. What was your favorite TV program? family guy i guess. i dont watch anything consistantly.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? no. i probably hate less people.

26. What was the best book you read? Blankets by Craig Thompson.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? omg. too many. see the top 20

28. What did you want and get? um. the iPod. My job. an add code for the next VCD class.

29. What did you want and not get? i really dont know. like i said, its been a pretty good year.

30. What was your favorite film of this year? Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind i guess.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? it was lame and i got depressed, but then i took myself to circus contraption the next day, which was fabulous.. and i turned 19.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Going on more adventures.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004? simple solid colors and de-branding.

34. What kept you sane? blogging. i would explode if i didn't write about the trivial things that only i care about.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? i don't really care bout celebrities...

36. What political issue stirred you the most? Kerry losing to Dubbya.

37. Who did you miss? Neal, and most of my old STL peeps.

38. Who was the best new person you met? I dunno who was The Best. I met a lot of cool people.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004: I don't know how to word it. Something along the lines of not looking for a superficial fix to fill a lonely void. Being able to enjoy jayne time and realizing creativity staves off depression for me. (Or how I learned to stop worrying and love myself)

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "Alright already we'll all float on. Ok don't worry we'll all float on. Even if things get heavy we'll all float on"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home